Description: It works with whatever veggies you have on hand. I prepared mine with mainly all pantry ingredients like carrots, shallots, cherry vine tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and finished my pasta with fresh basil and pine nuts for crunch. You can prepare the veggies while you cook the pasta so the whole thing comes together in just over 30 minutes. Hearty and delicious, it can be one of your favourite easy-to-make weeknight dinners.
To make it gluten-free, you can use any brown rice pasta or use fettuccine or linguine noodles and skip the cheese to make it vegan. Additionally, you can substitute yellow onions in place of the shallots or butternut squash instead of carrots. Feel free to add white beans, chickpeas, spinach or kale as a good source of protein.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 small shallots, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 250g tagliatelle pasta
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)