I had prepared this icecream for some friends on the weekend and it went down as such a treat. It not only contains our very favourite Oreo but also very rich and decadent chocolate flavour to it. Try this easiest ice cream recipe, I guarantee you won’t regret it!
- 1/4 cup double cream for chocolate ganache
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 397g (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped until soft peaks form.
- 25 Oreo cookies (10 cookies - crushed into fine powder, 15 cookies - chopped/broken into large pieces)
Chocolate ganache - Warm 1/4 cup double cream in a saucepan until hot (not boiling) and pour it over chocolate chips. Allow it to sit for a minute then stir until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
Whisk cocoa powder with condensed milk into a large bowl. Combine with whipped cream (until soft peaks form) and crushed and chopped Oreos until fully incorporated.
Fold the ice cream into a loaf pan, alternating the layers with a spoonful of dark chocolate ganache. Freeze for at least 5-6 hours.