Quick Christmas Maths….Dark chocolate + Kit Kat + biscuits = one big happy grinning family!!
Christmas for me has to have some form of concoction with chocolate & since Kit Kat is our family favourite, it wasn’t a difficult choice. Checkout my adaptation of Naomi’s (@bakersroyale_Naomi) recipe on this easy to make chocolate delight that would definitely get you full marks!
- 1 and 1/2 cups of digestive biscuits crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 tbsp of butter
Chocolate Cheese Cake layer
- 12 oz cream cheese (I used cottage cheese since cream cheese wasn’t available & it worked equally well)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 20-24 kit kat bars, depending on the size of your tin
- 10 oz. chocolate
- 8 tbsp butter
White Chocolate Striping
- 4 oz white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Heat oven to 170C. Line the pan with a sling foil.
To make crust
- Toss & combine digestive crumbs & sugar. Add in melted butter and mix to combine. Press mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake at 170C for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
To make Chocolate Cheese Cake
- Beat all the ingredients until fully combined and smooth; set aside. Place kitkat bars on top of the biscuit crust base. Pour cheesecake mixture over kitkat bars and bake for 30-35 minutes at 170C. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
To make Chocolate Layer
- Melt chocolate & butter in a heatproof bowl over hot water, gently stir until fully combined. Pour this chocolate over baked cheesecake.
- Boil heavy cream & pour over white chocolate chips. Stir after 3-4 mins. with a spatula until chocolate is completely melted and smooth. Transfer mixture in a Ziplock bag and cut a small hole in one corner.
- Pipe whte chocolate horizontally across from top to bottom. Use a toothpick and starting at the top drag the toothpick vertically through horizontal lines. Starting from the bottom, drag the toothpick to the top. Continue to alternate starting points witsh a toothpick.