This is my take to enjoy the seasonal veg, nice cup of tea especially when one wants to just get cosy on the sofa and watch some nice television and not feel guilty of what I am feeding my family.
It’s impossible to get kids to eat some of the seasonal veg. Beetroot is one of those vegetables which is full of nutrients and good for well-being but it gets easier when the same veg is hidden and consumed without them noticing!
- 2 beetroots, cooked & mashed
- 4 medium sized potatoes, boiled & mashed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 turmeric powder
- 1/2 red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp dry mango powder/amchur
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- 2 tsp salt (or more, as per taste)
- For cornflour slurry - Mix 3 tbsp corn flour, 2 tbsp plain flour, 1/2 tsp pepper crushed, 1/2 tsp salt & 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Combine cooked mashed beetroot & potato,chopped onion,1/2 cup breadcrumbs,coriander leaves,all spices,ginger garlic paste, salt (Remember to squeeze off juice from beetroot, before using) to ensure all the spices are mixed well and dough is formed.
Further prepare the cutlets of your desired shape & dip in corn flour batter covering both sides & roll in bread crumbs.
Bake at 180°C in a preheated oven for 30- 35 minutes or shallow fry or pan fry the cutlets in hot oil until golden and crisp & drain over kitchen towel to remove excess oil.